Board of DirectorsVeterans and business leaders who provide strategic direction for SAVI.
SAVI is led by an all-volunteer board of directors of Veterans and business leaders who provide strategic direction for the nonprofit. They also design and oversee SAVI’s suite of free Veteran transition programs and our support for Veterans service organizations and employers.
Duties and Goals of SAVI Board Members
The ongoing and enthusiastic leadership of SAVI’s board of directors is critical to ensuring that we are able to fulfill our mission to support the whole-life transition of service-members.
The board is responsible for helping staff and others carry out the vision and work of the organization. The following duties are expected of all SAVI board members (more details available upon request):
- Contribute perspectives from at least 3 years of leadership experience and/or a background working with Veterans.
- Take ownership over roles in marketing, fundraising, strategic planning, corporate outreach, or organizational development.
- Donate up to 8 hours of volunteer board service to SAVI each month.
- Create and collaborate on high-level strategic goals.
- Ensure that SAVI meets these goals and all key objectives along the way.
- Ensure that SAVI is adequately funded, both through fundraising and budgetary oversight.
- Actively participate in SAVI’s activities, including by making a reasonable financial contribution.
- Attend and fully participate in all board meetings (held monthly by webinar), as well as conference calls as needed.
- Serve actively on committees or in officer positions (treasurer, secretary) as assigned.
- Fulfill at least a one-year term with the potential for extension upon an annual review.
Joining the SAVI BoardJOIN US TODAY
If you’re interested in dedicating your time and using your talents to help us further the SAVI mission, we would love to connect with you. Please click here to schedule a call with our founder, Adrianne Phillips, and then submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that SAVI does not discriminate based on age, gender, sexual orientation, or ability. Veterans and their family members are encouraged to apply.